Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google News Gets Serious About Quality Guidelines
The Google News Blog announced they have updated their news quality guidelines to make it crystal clear that if you violate their guidelines they can boot you out of the Google News index...
- Actor Noobs Like Me: Google Play Movies Shows You Actor Info
When it comes to knowing anything about movies or the actors or actresses in those movies, you don't want to ask me. I am the last person who knows the name of a movie star, what other movies they were in or even what the name of the movie I might be watching on a flight to San Jose...
- Google AdWords Updates Search Ads Trademark Policy
It has been hard for Google to find the right balance on dealing with trademarks and their search ads...
- Google's Common Mistakes In Smartphone Web Sites
Google has published a document on the most common mistakes webmasters, developers...
- Google AdSense Optimization Tips Get Graphical
Google has been sending AdSense publishers optimization tips since 2007. Most publisher I know ignore them because they are mostly automated and don't really share that much detail...
- Google Solar Car
Travis Wise from Google posted a picture of the UC Berkeley Solar Car Project car on site at Google's Mountain View, California campus. What is it doing there? I have no idea but I can make assumptio
- Google Publishers Question AdSense Case Study
Google published a case study on their AdSense blog showing how a web site named MakeupAlley.com was able to increase their clicks on affiliate links by over 20% and realize a 50% lift in AdSense revenue...
- 54% Say Google Indexes New Sites Within A Week
A few months ago we asked you how long does it typically take Google to index a new site? Google is all about speed, from their index to their crawlers, they want new, relevant and unique content in their index immediately...
- Most SEOs Dislike Yahoo's New Home Page
About a month ago...
- Weaving A Google Puzzle Pattern
Ana Ulin seems to have nicely stitched together a cool looking Puzzle Play pattern that takes on the Googlely colors. I don't know much about stitching or sowing but this looks neat. Ana has been wi
- 60% Of SEOs Not Worried About Using Mass No Index
A few months ago, I polled you guys asking how concerned you are about too many no index tags hurting your search rankings. Well...
- Does Google Filter Out Religious Content
There is an interesting thread at DigitalPoint Forums which I've never seen before. It is an SEO question on how Google handles duplicate content due to religious content. This webmaster runs a religion blog on Buddhism and he often quotes a lot of religious texts that are all over the...
- 12% Say Social Has No Influence On Google Rankings
A few months ago, we asked if social signals influence Google rankings...
- Google Sun Glasses & Ball
Google is handing out glasses, not Google Glass, but plastic sun glasses at Google Apps Certified Training Bootcamp. The bootcamp was at Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel yesterday. You can see the
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Negative Keywords Google AdWords, WebmasterWorld
- Yahoo Acquires Summly News App, WebmasterWorld
- AdSense Account Disabled for Policy Violations, Google AdSense Help
- Announcing the launch of Google Maps Engine Lite (Beta), Google Maps Help
- Today we're excited to launch Google Maps Engine Lite…, Google Maps - Google+
- DDoS Attack Slows Internet and May Be The Largest Publicly Known, WebmasterWorld
- Google Trends, Mobile Search and the Future of Your Site, WebmasterWorld
- How do small sites suddenly gain high ranks, WebmasterWorld
- I'm . in a little shock, really. BingAds, WebmasterWorld
- New FCC Requirements: Captions on Live Events, YouTube Help
- New YouTube Live Platform!, YouTube Help
- We've launched Street View imagery on +Google Maps that…, Google - Google+