Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Warning: Get A Free Product To Review, Nofollow That Link & Disclose
Friday, Google posted a warning on the Webmaster blog that if you get a product to review from a manufacturer or wherever, make sure that you nofollow any links back to the person/company who sent you that product...
- Google Confirms They Do Use Site Authority Signals For New Pages
Google's John Mueller confirmed in a Google+ hangout last Tuesday that Google does use site wide or site authority to determine where new pages that have no page specific signals should rank in search...
- Google Local Guides Can Add Photos In Their Reviews
Did you know that starting a few weeks ago, the Google Local Guides unlocked a special feature in the Google Maps app that let's them not just add reviews but also add photos to their reviews...
- Google: Content In aside Tag Treated Similarly To Other Content On Your Page
Google's John Mueller confirmed on Twitter that content placed in the <aside> tag is treated similarly to other content on the page...
- Google Tokyo View
Jason Morrison from Google spent some time in Tokyo at the Google office there. Jason shared this picture on Google+ of the view from that office. He said "Its nice to be back home, but I'm going to
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Google is testing a human based alternative to their Home Services Ad. Very un…, Google+ - Mike Blumenthal
- Why research skills really do matter. It's easy to search quickly, but taking…, Google+ - Dan Russell
- Are you reviewing a product on your site that you got for free? Check out a few…, Google+ - AdSense
- We’re beginning to move Google’s blogs to a new domain, “googleblog.com,” in…, Google+ - Google