Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Created Hacked Site Resource
One of the more typical questions I see come up in the various Google Help forum threads is about sites that get hacked. It is always the same thing... A webmaster or site owner feels violated and embarrassed. At first, they think Google got it all wrong. Then they...
- No Redirect URLs Allowed In Google Maps Business Listings
The latest new clarification to the Google Places guidelines is that your listings page cannot contain any URLs that redirect to other URLs...
- Google Click To Call: Charged For All Calls, Even Dead Ones
Did you know that Google AdWords has a feature/extension named click to call? Yea, I did also...
- Google's Cutts: Big Brands Get Penalized Often
The topic of Google giving preferential treatment to big brands has been around since the early days of search. During the search police session at SMX West, Matt Cutts answered a question on big brands...
- Google AdWords Scripts Gets Reporting & Negative Keyword Support
- SXSW Bag Design: SEO = Black Hatters
The good news or the bad news first? Let's start with the good news. SEO made it on to the bag design at the incredibly popular SXSW conference. The bad news, it was labeled as being black hat.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Building address incorrectly linked to the nearest intersection street, Google Business Help
- Google Settles U.S. Street View Data Collection Case With $7 Million Fine, WebmasterWorld
- Make sure you check this! AdSense Block, WebmasterWorld
- One of the questions we hear the most is whether there will…, Project Glass - Google+
- Acquiring Backlinks for ECom Site, WebmasterWorld
- Does Google Adsense Throttle Publisher Earnings?, WebmasterWorld
- Google Is Marching On Merchants, Cre8asite Forums