Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Large Google Algorithm Ranking Update: Black Hat Related?
There appears to be a large Google ranking or algorithm update happening right now in the core Google web search results...
- Google AMP Not Currently A Ranking Factor But May Use It In The Future
When Google first introduced AMP, accelerated mobile pages, they said it might be a ranking signal but they ended up not using AMP as a ranking signal and have continued to not use it...
- Google Page Render Tool Coming To Search Console
So we have the fetch and render tool in Google Search Console but it seems like Google is building a new tool to show webmasters how Google is rendering a page on their crawl...
- Google: YouTube Embeds May Slow Your Page Speed Score
Many SEOs are obsessed with pagespeed but as you know, mobile rankings don't even look at mobile page speed these days and they won't when the mobile first index comes out, at least not to start...
- Google Ranking Signals Are Weighted Differently Based On Query & Searcher
The topic of does Google's ranking signals and algorithms different based on the query or searcher has been around for a while. I believe most algorithms are not query dependent but there are some signals that are specific to the type of query and the searcher information...
- International Women's Day Logos From Google, Bing & More
Today is International Women's Day and our search engines, Google, Bing and others have themes up for the special day. The Google Doodle has several women showcased that have "made a mark in her own way," Google said...
- Most Of The Google AMP Team
I was at the first ever Google AMP conference yesterday in downtown NYC yesterday and towards the end of the first day, Google brought most of their AMP team on stage to take a bow. Bez didn't get up
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Introducing Community-Contributed Metadata, YouTube Help
- We've found that there's two types of publishers who may have invalid traffic..., Google+ - AdSense
- Facebook Conversion Tracking, WebmasterWorld
- Malte Ubl on Twitter: "Launching today AMP in Yahoo Japan and Chinese search engines Baidu & Sogou! #ampconf", twitter.com
- Pinterest Browser Button Enables Visual Search Discovery, WebmasterWorld
- Powered by Google now showing up under search box, Google Custom Search Help
- [Check Payments] Unable to reissue check payments in account after 60 days, Google AdSense Help
- DYK for each search result there may be several title candidates & the one that it's believed to work best for query is shown to the users https://t.co/JKemZbxl53, Gary Illyes on Twitter
- Mobile Speed Hackathon on Air, The Google Advertiser Community
- SEO Weather vs SEO Climate, WebmasterWorld
- Shorter Titles, Cre8asite Forums