Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google's Matt Cutts On What Is A Paid Link
Yesterday, Google's Matt Cutts posted a detailed video trying to define how Google's manual spam fighters determines what is a paid link versus what is not. Now, 99% of the time...
- Got A Google Penalty? Should You Start A New Site?
As more and more Google penalties become more transparent, recovering from them seems to get harder. Even when you do recover...
- What's Up With The Fes Marker In Google's Matt Cutts Videos?
You, like me, have likely watched hundreds of videos from Google's Matt Cutts. And if you have, you've likely seen the map in the background with the pin over Fes...
- Google Places Bulk Upload Listings Known Category Errors
There is a known error with Google Places where when you use the bulk upload listing feature, your business categories may go bonkers. A parking lot company said they are "having an issue" with their Google Maps listings...
- Matt Cutts Gave Specific Details On Your Google Link Penalty
What would you pay to get specific actionable advice from Google on how to remove your unnatural link penalty...
- Google Giving Helicopters To Big AdWords Spenders
Several large Google AdWords partners who spend upwards of $1 million on AdWords PPC ads are receiving toy helicopters in the mail from Google. It is a way of keeping the Google Partners happy. The
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Welcome to the Google Analytics Education Spotlight! …, Google Analytics - Google+
- Google Analytics - doubling page views, WebmasterWorld
- March 2014 AdSense Earnings and Observations, WebmasterWorld