Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Ex-Googlers Explain Why They Won't Give Up The Secrets To Ranking In Google
I spotted a thread at Black Hat World asking why have we not seen a case where a former Google employee who worked in search quality sell their knowledge or publish the secret sauce on what it would take to rank well quickly and get rich fast...
- Google Now "Goodness" Comes To More Android Devices Via Google Now Launcher
Google announced on Google+ they are bringing the Nexus 5 feature of Google Now embedded throughout the device to other Android devices through the Google Now Launcher. Google Now Launcher enables Google Now features natively throughout your Android device...
- Google's Matt Cutts: Content Clarity Over Technical Content
There is an excellent video from Google's Matt Cutts on the question Should I focus on clarity or jargon when writing content...
- You Can Now Right Click On Google Maps
You can now right click on the map area on the new Google Maps and the default behavior of the browser will change and show you a different option...
- John Steinbeck's Google Logo Features His Greatest Works On His 112th Birthday
Today on the Google home page is a special Google logo, aka Doodle, to celebrate the life and contributions of John Steinbeck...
- Which Direction Is Ninth Avenue Google?
Marc Tobias Kunisch posted a picture of one of the hallways at the Google New York City office. If you don't know, the office is massive, absolutely massive. Also, when you go into a massive buildin
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Calling all #AmericanIdol fans! Starting today, you can…, Google - Google+
- Google UK To Remove Ads For Unofficial Congestion Charge Sites, WebmasterWorld
- Interesting little thing I discovered today while I was…, Nicholas Chimonas - Google+
- New photo features in Google+ for Android Today’s update…, Todd Kennedy - Google+
- Yandex and Google form advertising partnership, WebmasterWorld
- Advertiser Responsibility for "Invalid Clicks." Is there such a thing?, WebmasterWorld
- Clients Linking Back en Masse - Does it harm us?, WebmasterWorld
- Google Web Designer/AdWords Integration Testing, AdWords Community
- Lastminute.com Receive Google Penalty Monster link clean…, Gareth James - Google+
- Location In Title Tags? Does It Matter Anymore?, Cre8asite Forums
- Trek the tundra alongside polar bears... Hop on a tundra…, Google UK - Google+