Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Recovery Stories Emerge From Google's Third Page Layout Refresh
On February 6, 2014, Google did their third refresh to the Page Layout algorithm. I am happy to report that some webmasters who were initially hit by either the first or second implementations of the Page Layout algorithm have reported recoveries on February 6th.
- Did Google Penalize Halifax?
Over the past couple weeks there has been a lot of people reporting large brands being penalized by Google and the question has come up if search sites should cover these penalties or not. Our policy, if the search community is talking about it in a public forum...
- Google's Dynamic Search Menu Really Bugs Searchers
Just about a month ago, Google revamped their search filters and dropped some filters, while dynamically showing different filters and in different order based on the query. So sometimes the "images" link will be in the second position...
- Official Google Glass Do's & Don't's
Google Glass actually released their official list of do's & don't's for Google Glass Explorers. I kid you not - they are telling or suggesting what Google Glass Explorers should or should not do with their Google Glass device...
- Nest Fire Truck Now At Google
As you know, Google bought Nest for a nice sum of cash and with that acquisition, they get the Nest blue fire truck. Well worth the price. Here is a picture of the Nest fire truck parked at the Googl
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Canonical link element on dynamic pages?, WebmasterWorld
- Google Forges Deal with Ad Giant Magna Global, WebmasterWorld
- Inaccurate price comparisons on Google Hotel Finder, Google Web Search Help
- Is it safe to have Flash content indexed in Google?, WebmasterWorld