Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- SEOs Discuss The J.C. Penney Public Google Penalty
I am sure all of you read the NY Times piece from the weekend named The Dirty Little Secrets of Search. It talks about how major realtor, J.C...
- Amazon's Cloud Spamming Google With Google's Cloud?
Spotted via WebmasterWorld, a search for [Amazon s3 Forum]'s top two results actually come from Google's comparable cloud hosting service, Google App Engine. This is confusing, so let me step back...
- Google Finally Resolves Google Places Respond To Reviews Bug
After months and months of complaints of an issue in map review replies, Google has finally said they fixed it for the last time. In short...
- Valentine's Day Logo From Google & Others
Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Today there are many site's sporting special logos for the special day. Google, Yahoo, Bing, Ask.com, YouTube and others all have special logos and/or themes for the day. Google's logo was designed by Robert Indiana, an American artist associated with the Pop Art movement. He is the artist responsible for the famous "love stamps."
- Google Umbrellas
Here is the official Google loaner umbrellas basket. Rainy day and forget an umbrella, no worries - Google got you covered, literally.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Using Dayparting Effectively in PPC, Part 2: Advanced Tactics, Sphinn
- Why Google, SEOs & Users Must ‘Blekko Up’, Sphinn
- Yes, SEOs do need to learn a programming language, Sphinn
- Phone numbers showing area codes when they are not supposed to, Google Places Help
- Where is Abraham Lincoln???, Google Web Search Help
- "Join us at AdSense in Your City!", WebmasterWorld
- Informixx.com Terrible Spammers of Google Trends, Google News Help
- Should you link to your Google Place Page from your Website?, WebmasterWorld