Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Video Recap of Weekly Search Buzz :: February 12, 2016
This week in search, we saw some reports of mobile Google search results fluctuations. Google said a spike in crawl rate does not signify an algorithms update is coming. A polish hacker is wrecking havoc on webmasters there...
- Google: We Did Not Remove The Link Command/Operator
Last night, Bill Hartzer spotted that the link operator, i.e. [link:www.seroundtable.com] no longer returns results. Well, he is right, for some domains but for others, it does seem to work. But for sites like [link:searchengineland.com] it does work: In short...
- Google App Indexing App Install Button Engagement Very Low
Google's Gary Illyes said in a Google hangout with Stone Template Consulting yesterday that the engagement levels on the App Install button for those app developers who integrated Google App Indexing is very low...
- Google: We Aren't Going To Provide SEO Certification
While most SEOs want SEO certification by a formal and trusted organization...
- Google AdWords Revises Automated Bidding Workflow
Google announced on Google+ that they have "revamped" the workflow for managing and setting up automated bidding within Google AdWords...
- Google Adds 24 Hour Support For AdWords Via Social Media
Google announced they are now offering 24 hour support, Monday through Friday, via social media channels. Specifically, you can access the AdWords support on Twitter, G+, Facebook, and YouTube by using the hashtag #AskAdWords...
- Googler Riding A DeLorean
Here is a picture of Jason Mayes, an engineer at Google, in a DeLorean. I believe Google has one on it's campus. Every coder needs to spend some time in a DeLorean otherwise, well, you know. I wonde
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Google my Business now allows Taglines, The Google Advertiser Community
- Google is reporting misleading figures for the 2016 Primary elections, Google Web Search Help
- Hey NYC! We will do a second @amphtml meetup next week! I will be available for an extended Q&A. RSVP: https://t.co/l3qeKhf60Q, Malte Ubl on Twitter
- New Google My Business Features, The Google Advertiser Community
- So what do you make of these color-coded related keyword terms appearing in mobile image searches @rustybrick ? https://t.co/VJ27OfG70w, Evan Auerbach on Twitter
- TC Tip: Save Time with Dynamic Search Ads, The Google Advertiser Community