Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Advertisers Say No To Google Enhanced AdWords Campaigns
For weeks now, top level Google AdWords advertisers were rumbling and kicking their feet about an upcoming change they have been hearing about from their Google reps. That was officially announced yesterday, called Google AdWords Enhanced Campaigns. In short, it is suppose to make it easier for business owners to create ads that target both desktop and mobile users. The goal is to simplify the ad creation and management process for the "multi-device world."
- Cutts: Google Toolbar PageRank Will Continued To Be Supported
Yesterday's Matt Cutts video was about why the heck does Google still have toolbar PageRank data available to users. As you know, every three months or so, Google spends the time and effort to push out PageRank values to the Google Toolbar...
- Google Ads Come Back To Yahoo Properties; What's Up Microsoft?
Despite Yahoo having a deep search & ad alliance with Microsoft, it seems like Yahoo wants to add more ad providers to monetize their own properties at least. I am guessing, their partner, Microsoft...
- Google Apps Users To Get Google+ Local Verification
There is a process for migrating your Google+ Business Page With Google+ Local and verifying your Google Place page as a Google+ Local page. It seems like part of that is not available to Google Apps users...
- Expandable Google AdSense Ads Live
Four years ago, Google introduced expandable AdSense ads but truth is, I've never seen an AdSense unit that expanded in all the four years since the introduction. That seems to be changing...
- Facebook & Google+ Auto/Bike Accident
Ali Adelstein shared a photo on Google+ of a Facebook car smashing into a Google+ bike. The photo shows how the Google+ bike is undamaged but the Facebook car took a pretty big hit. The truth is, th
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- All of the embedded youtube videos on my website suddenly broke, YouTube Help
- Google to Acquire Channel Intelligence For $125 Million, WebmasterWorld
- New and Updated Android, iOS and Mobile Twitter, WebmasterWorld
- You just stepped out of the gondola into a strong wind at…, Google Maps - Google+
- Should I flatten my store's URL structure for better SEO?, WebmasterWorld