Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- February 2014 Google Webmaster Report
Here is the monthly recap for all Google webmaster related topics for the past month. January was a pretty wild month with a pretty big update happening on January 8th and 9th, which Google did not confirm...
- Google Giving Some Business Owners 3 Weeks To Save Their Google Place Listing
Some business owners are reporting getting emails from Google and are asking if this is legit in the Google Business Help forums. The emails are legit and coming from Google and the subject line is...
- Google's Ingress Coming To iOS?
There is some speculation that the incredibly addictive and obsessive Ingress app for Android, designed by Google years ago, is coming to iOS. Brandon Badger from Google, the Niantic Labs at Google...
- Google & EU Settle Antitrust Claims Over Competitor Links
Yesterday, news broke via Bloomberg that Google and the European Union have settled over the anti-trust probe regarding rival links in the search results. Google will dodge EU fines and any finding that it discriminated against competing sites...
- Google+ Local Pages Now Show To User Before Pin Verification
Google's Jade Wang posted an announcement in the Google Business Help forum thread that they are changing how Google+ local pages work for business owners. Now...
- Clouds Inside Google's Office
Richard Hay posted a picture of the ceiling in one of the office areas at Google. As you can see, there are blue tiles and clouds hanging from the tiles. Why? Richard said So when you work at a comp
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Google's knowledge graph provides competitor information for our domain, Google Webmaster Help
- Outsmart traffic and save time on the road— #GoogleMaps…, Google Maps - Google+
- What would you do if Google's next algo update stopped counting links, WebmasterWorld