Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google's Matt Cutts: Don't Use Article Directories For Link Building
In a short video yesterday, Google's Matt Cutts told webmasters and SEOs not to use article directory sites for link building strategies. Well...
- Google Location Based Answer Query Results
Spotted via blumenthals, it seems Google has a new location onebox answer result for certain types of queries. So if you search in Google for the location of X, or searches for business name locations and so forth, Google will give you a one box result...
- Dear Google, We Can Help With Your Google Rankings
You and I get them all the time, spammy emails from SEO companies telling us how they can get us more traffic and higher rankings in Google...
- Twitter Adds New & Useful Search Filters To Search Results
Twitter announced on Twitter that they have added new search filters to the Twitter search results...
- Patent Holder Awarded 1.36% Of Google's AdWords Revenue
You may have heard that Google was ordered to pay a patent troll 1.36% of their AdWords revenue between 2012 to 2016. That comes out to about $1 billion or so. Greg Sterling at Search Engine Land
- Bing For Schools, Finally?
Matt Wallaert, a Behavioral Scientist at Microsoft but more well known for creating Bing For Schools posted on Twitter something strange. He wrote, "Finally, Bing for Schools. No ads, the way it should be in schools...
- What Is This Truck & Why Is It At Google?
Brandon Badger, a Senior Product Manager in the Niantic Labs at Google, posted a picture on Google+ of this military like truck parked in the Google parking lot. He hashtagged it #Apocalypse but se
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- A new way to explore Google+ content by category If you’re…, Steve Farrell - Google+
- Blog Posts - High Keyword Density Hurt Google Rankings?, HighRankings Forums
- Celebrating Chinese New Year. Today across google.co.uk…, Google UK - Google+
- Google sells Motorola to Lenovo for $2.91 billion, WebmasterWorld
- Safe Anchor Text for link building, WebmasterWorld