Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google's Next Target: Content Farms & On Page Spam
The big news over the weekend was a blog post by Google's Matt Cutts at the Google blog named Google search and search engine spam. In this blog post, Matt Cutts acknowledges Google has recently seen an "uptick of spam in recent months" in their search results...
- Interest Based Ads Performance Reports Comes To Google AdSense
Google has released a new report within the AdSense interface for monitoring the interest based ads displayed on some AdSense units. The new report can be found under the "Performance tab" and then click on the "Accounts by entire day" drop down. Within there...
- Google Lowercases AdWords Display URLs
As expected Google has started to roll out their new policy of requiring the domain portion of the display URLs in the AdWords ad to be lowercase. If you search at Google, all the domain names in the AdWords ads should appear lowercase...
- Limited Google Places Verifications Options For New Businesses
Mike Blumenthal reports Google is limiting some of the verification options for new businesses. If a business is "new to Google" then Google may require a physical post card be delivered to the new business for verification the slow way...
- Knowing When A Reconsideration Request Was Denied By Google
Google has become more transparent over the years but one thing that still plaques some webmasters is the reconsideration request process. A reconsideration request is a method of telling Google that you tried to fix any of the issues potentially preventing your site from ranking well in Google...
- Google Mannequins
Check out the Google stuff on these Google Mannequins in the Google Store.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- City Centroids Replaced By Outlines In Google Places, Sphinn
- Google Whitelisting Web Sites In Organic Search Results?, Sphinn
- Adwords Rules Change, Search Engine Watch Forums
- How we got our rankings back with mainly technical changes, Sphinn
- Should I Bid Using PPC on my Brand Terms?, Sphinn
- Why a Link Analysis is Anything But a Waste of Time, Sphinn
- Google Adwords Question: Why Are The Click Costs So Different For Same Phrase, Cre8asite Forums
- Why didn't GOOGLE "celebrate" John Hancock's birthday?, Google Web Search Help