Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Announces 24th Panda Refresh; Not Related To January 17th
Despite it being just five days from extremely strong signs of a Google update, which Google denied, Google announced yesterday on Twitter that they have pushed out a new Panda refresh. This would make the 24th revision or refresh to the Panda update since launching in February 2011.
- Hey Matt, Links In Press Releases Do Impact Your Search Engine
Right after Christmas Matt Cutts said something pretty bold within a Google Webmaster Help thread that I covered as Google Says Press Release Links Won't Help Your Search Rankings. But is it true...
- Google Improves Handwrite Search On Mobile
Google announced they have made a few improvements to Google Handwrite Search that they launched in July 2012. The main improvement is that you can now write and overlap your writing on smartphone screens...
- Google's Cost Per Click Prices Finally Rise As GOOG Beats Estimates
As you can see, Google's stock (GOOG) is up 4.5% in after hours (pre-market) trading. Why...
- Google Android Train
Christopher Wiseman posted a picture of his latest creation on Google+. It is of an Android train he made completely out of 3 do-it-yourself droids, some legos, train parts and his own creativity.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Google + Audi: Enhancing Navigation For a driver, in-car…, Google Maps - Google+
- Last week we introduced the first part of our optimization…, Google AdSense - Google+
- Firefox OS Developer Preview Phones Announced, WebmasterWorld
- Geotargeting our widgets... adding individual states?, WebmasterWorld