Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Pretty Google Alerts Won't Let Users Switch From HTML To Text Version
For those who subscribe to Google Alerts via email, it is hard to not notice the new formatted HTML emails you get for those alerts. Most ...
- Google Webmaster Tools Now Reports Crawl Errors On The Final Redirect URL
John Mueller from Google announced on the Google Webmaster Central blog that they've updated the crawl error reports specifically to handle better reporting on redirects. In the past, Google reported the error observed at the end under of the first URL (URL A in diagram below)...
- Google AdWords New Design Live
A few months ago we reported that Google was testing a new AdWords design for the advertiser console. Well, Google announced last night that it is rolling out to everyone now...
- Google AdSense Direct - Google Takes 15% Of Your Direct Ad Sales
Initially, Google's answer to help small publishers do direct ad sales while filling those ad spots with AdSense when the direct ads were not available, was the DoubleClick for Publishers (initially called Google Ad Manager). Truth is...
- Google Drops Discussions Search Filter & Others
Now when you search Google, the number of search filters have been removed, including the discussions filter. The number of filters or vertical options have been drastically reduced. Here is an example...
- Google+ Keychains
Moritz Tolxdorff from Google was doing some cleaning and digging around the office and found a nice number of Google+ keychains. He found them at the Google Gordon House office in Dublin. They are p
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Google Employee Buses Now Have Bodyguards, WebmasterWorld
- Linking liberally- in your geographic area for a tourism site?, WebmasterWorld
- Tip of the Week: Understanding your conversion funnel…, Google Analytics - Google+