Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- What's The Diff Google? Now That Panda Is Part Of The Core Algorithm?
I asked the question a few times but I have not received any answer on the topic at all...
- New Google AdSense Optimization Tab
Google announced a newly improved Optimization tab within the Google AdSense console. This is where Google gives you automated ideas on how to make more money with AdSense - which most AdSense publishers ignore anyway...
- Google Cache Goes HTTPS
It seems like Google has begun to switch their cache results pages over to HTTPS. It seems to be coming on and off for me, but if you search and you see a site that is HTTPS, the Google Cache link may run over HTTPS as well...
- Bing's New Logo: Green With Capital B
Bing is launching a new logo, quietly, that changed the Bing logo from the sharp yellow color to a duller green color and capitalizes the lowercase letter B.
- Google May Temporarily Show Duplicate Titles Even With Rel Canonicals In Place
Google's John Mueller answered a question in the Google Hangout from Tuesday on why sometimes you will see in the search appearance HTML improvements for duplicate titles and descriptions in the Google Search Console when those pages are using rel=canonical...
- A Google Piggy Bank
I am now going through some of my archives, since I am having a harder time finding new images for this today but there are some goodies back there. Here is a picture of a Google piggy bank from Rich
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Hard to verify, since the system is more experimental, but I'm seeing signs of massive mobile ranking flux yesterday (mobile only)., Dr. Pete Meyers on Twitter
- Look Who Jumped into the Game - Vistaprint Launches Local Listings Service, localsearchforum.com
- Visit Oktoberfest, Vegas and the airport in one quick trip. Explore Miniatur…, Google+ - Google Maps
- Google confirms Jan 2016 core algo update was not Panda, WebmasterWorld
- Report: Apple To Drop Its iAd Ad Sales and Go iAd Automated, WebmasterWorld