Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google: Still No Release Date For Penguin 4.0
We know Google decided to halt the release of Penguin 4.0 until after the holidays. We also know that Google is confident Penguin is good to be released this month...
- Google Brings Back Web Designers, Developers & SEOs To Local Pack
Yesterday, when I was playing around researching my Google Inside Street View experience, I searched for [web development] in Google and noticed the local pack came up with the Google Map. I was shocked...
- My Experience With Google Inside Street View Trusted Photographer
The other day, I was testing a reported bug in the Google Maps forum about the Google trusted photographer request button wasn't working. It wasn't, or at least, it showed an error. Then the next day or so...
- Want To Test Google Search Console AMP Related Features?
Google's John Mueller posted information about becoming a beta tester for the new Google Search Console features around AMP (accelerated mobile pages)...
- AOL Search Now Powered By Bing
We knew this was coming, AOL Search is now powered by Bing. Bing confirmed this saying "as of Jan. 1, Bing powers AOL's web, mobile, and tablet search...
- Google's Bradley Horowitz Now Owns A Tesla Model X
Google's VP of Photos and Sharing, Bradley Horowitz, posted a picture on Google+ of his new Tesla, he got the new Tesla SUV, the Tesla Model X. He said it has its share of bugs, since he is one of th
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Google Says IPv6 Now Exceeds 10pct of its Users, WebmasterWorld
- Not a Challenge, but a reminder about how to join the SearchResearch group.…, Google+ - Dan Russell
- PSA - Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP), WebmasterWorld
- @Marie_Haynes No, it's because the site is occasionally cloaking to mobile users: https://t.co/BBKRfCDrSG, John Mueller on Twitter
- Definitive Guide To Duplicate Research For Local SEO, localsearchforum.com
- Two main reasons we don't make smarter decisions based on data: 1. We obsess…, Google+ - Avinash
- Your site deserves bad rankings if . . ., WebmasterWorld