Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Video Recap of Weekly Search Buzz :: January 3, 2014
It was a slow week in search, being New Years and all but we still covered some fun topics. Do you need to use structure data to survive in search...
- UserInteraction Schema For SEO & Social?
A WebmasterWorld thread has a webmaster who asked if Google will give him a boost because one piece of his content on his site hit over 1,000 Facebook likes. It is one of those weird questions that makes you nod your head sideways. Why?
- Google Kills Location History Summary Dashboard
Google has dropped support for the location history dashboard. Alex Chitu first covered this explaining that the location history dashboard, that provides summaries of where you've been, has been discontinued...
- Spammers Cold Calling Local Businesses - Claiming They Need To Update Their Business Listings
Baruch Labunski from Rank Secure in Canada pinged me the other day asking me why I can't stop the phone calls he is getting from spammers claiming implying they are from Google...
- Google: Can't Crawl Your Robots.txt Then We Stop Crawling Your Site
Did you know that if Google cannot crawl your robots.txt file, that it will stop crawling your whole site...
- Glasshole Printed On Bar Receipt
Mason Rothman, a Google Glass Explorer, took his Glass to a local bar and when he got the receipt for his purchases, the bartender added a bit of a cute note. Yea, it does say "Glasshole" on the recei
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- December 2013 Finalised Earnings, WebmasterWorld
- Facebook Sued For Alleged Private Message Monitoring and Data Mining, WebmasterWorld
- Integrating site on Google's Knowledge Graph, Google Webmaster Help