Google has now officially launched the Google My Business API in order to make it more efficient for larger businesses with many locations to manage their listings.
Here are the features of this API:
- Create business locations with information such as name, address, phone number, category, business hours, and more
- Manage special hours
- Mark a business location as permanently closed
- Manage business photos
- List, invite and remove managers on locations and business accounts
- Read listing state to identify Google updated, duplicate and suspended locations
- Search/Filter locations by name, category and label
- Set the service area for a business either by specifying a point and radius or Place IDs
The full API documents and guides can be found at developers.google.com/my-business.
This can be a great thing for developers and businesses.