Google has announced the second generation Maps App for iOS devices. The major change is now it is iPad friendly, but this update brings the app more inline with version 7.0 of the Android counterpart.
Google first introduced the Google Maps iOS app in December 2012 after a ton of controversy over Apple going with their own mapping app.
So what is new in version 2.0 of the iOS App?
- Explore: A fast and easy way to visually browse and discover great places to eat, drink, shop, play and sleep
- An enhanced navigation experience, including live traffic updates and incident reports
- Simple 5-star ratings and reviews from friends, plus expert Zagat content
- Great deals from your favorite brands with Google Offers
- Biking directions
- A new, dedicated mapping app for iPad
For more details, make sure to check out the app or the blog post.
I should note, this does not work on first generation iPads.