iPhone users now get Google Maps level quality mapping, directions, search, street views and even turn by turn directions on their iPhone. Yes, this is a complete alternative to Apple Maps, as are many other GPS based mapping apps in the App Store. But Google has a solid and respected name in this field and it is already the top free app in the App Store with tons of awesome ratings.
But what if you have a problem? How do you get help? The best place for help is in the Google Maps Help forum. Googler, Daniel Mabasa is there to field your questions and get you answers.
Daniel posted the announcement in the Google Maps Help forum last night listing all of the main features:
- Find addresses, places and businesses around the world with Google local search.
- Discover places to eat, drink, shop and play, with ratings and local reviews.
- Sign in to sync your searches, directions, and favorite places between your computer and your phone.
- Get voice guided, turn-by-turn driving directions.
- Find your way by train, bus, subway or walking directions.
- Access live traffic information in cities across the world.
- View 360-degree panoramas of places around the globe with Street View.
- See inside more than 100,000 businesses worldwide.
- View high resolution satellite imagery of locations around the world.
- An entirely new Google Maps experience on your iPhone.
- Redesigned and streamlined interface for even easier navigation of your world.
- Use gestures to explore the map and browse results.
I used it this morning to drive from my home to my office and I am happy to say, I got there in one piece.