Every month we do a brief recap of the most important topics we covered in terms of those who care about the SEO and webmaster related concerns with Google. You can see last month's report in the January 2011 Google Webmaster Report.
This month, the WebmasterWorld thread isolated a bunch of topics. The primary topics are concerns over Google's new scraper filter, which sites will be impacted by the new content farm filter and then ongoing traffic shifts due to holidays and weather. Here are some bullet points from topics in the thread:
- Google's new scraping filter algorithm
- Google to go after content farms with new algorithm
- Worried about enhanced duplicate content filters
- SuperBowl traffic slump concerns
- Snow storms causing internet outages
Here are stories we covered over the past month which I found to be particularly important for SEOs to read, if they have not done so yet:
- January 2011 Google Toolbar PageRank Update
- Correction: Google's Scraper Algorithm Now Live, Not Content Farms
- Google's Content Farm Algorithm Harm You? Categorize Your Site To Fix It.
- Confirmed: Google's Content Farm Algorithm Live! Sites Are Dropping!
- Google's Next Target: Content Farms & On Page Spam
- Google Ranks Site: Results In Order Of Some Importance
- Mistakenly 404 A Page & Google Deindexed It? Google Hope To Reinclude It Quicker
- Google Doesn't Want You To Think About PageRank
- Google's Thoughts On Link Building Through Comment Spamming
- Google's Numbers In Webmaster Tools Are +/- 2.5M
- Is There A Google Whitelist?
- Google Emailing Webmasters For Bad Links, Cloaking & More
- Poll: Who Looks Worse? Bing For "Cheating" or Google For Telling?
- Google SEO Checklist For 2011
- Don't Force Google's Hand, Especially If You're Sketchy
- Google Hires Gary Illyes & Pierre Far As Webmaster Trends Analysts
Forum discussion at WebmasterWorld.