It is that time of the month again, this is our monthly recap of what SEOs and Webmasters are talking about when it comes to ranking and SEO changes at Google. This is based off a WebmasterWorld thread where webmasters watch Google like a hawk.
The key points in this new thread include:
- Google 'throttling' results theory back?
- Google friendly in search results to SEOs now?
- Fresher results due to Caffeine
Outside of that, here are the most important threads we covered on Google in the past 30 days.
- Late December 2010 Google Updating Possibly Brewing?
- Google's This Site May Be Compromised
- New: Google "Reading Level" Search Filter
- Google's Reading Level Algorithm Graded By Teachers
- Took Google 5 Months To Fix A Ranking Bug
- Google & The Big Bad Brand Wolf
- Google Webmaster Tools Reporting 301 Redirects As Backlinks
- Google's AROUND(n) Search Operator
- How Google AdWords Sitelinks Impacts Organic Traffic
- Google & ASA Try To Require Disclosure Of Paid Links In UK
- Google Image Search Updating Index Within Days
- Google Sunsetting Base API For Two Shopping APIs
- TripAdvisor Debate Turns Into Big Anti-Competitive Story At WSJ
- Google: Don't Spam Maps Categories, Rather Get Customer Reviews
- How To Spam Google Maps For Top Google Place Listings
For last month's Google webmaster report, see the December 2010 Google Webmaster Report.
Forum discussion at WebmasterWorld.