This week at the Search Engine Roundtable, I covered the news that Google has released the year long beta for all AdSense publishers to test out. Google Instant Previews officially launched and I had some suggestions for Google Webmaster Tools in regards to that. Google changes the search ads label from "sponsored links" to "ads." They also test eleven ads at the top. The Microsoft adCenter bug might mean you have been banned due to quality issues. Business.com's directory is going offline. Yahoo is cutting jobs and Ask.com officially closed their search division, cutting 130 people. PubCon was this week and I shared our coverage and my favorite session. In Google Logos / Doodles this week we have Robert Louis Stevenson of the Treasure Island, the Veteran's Day logos from Google, Bing and Ask and Google's X-Ray logo. That was this past week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
Make sure to subscribe to our video feed or subscribe directly on iTunes to be notified of these updates and download the video in the background. You can also watch this live and ask questions during the show, typically Friday mornings around 9:30 (EST) at seroundtable.com/live, follow @rustybrick to be notified when we air. Here is the YouTube version of the feed:
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- All 2 Million Google AdSense Publishers Now Get The Beta Interface
- Page Previews Officially Added To Google Search Results
- Suggestion: Instant Previews In Google Webmaster Tools
- Google Names Sponsored Links "Ads" & Tests 11 Top Ads
- adCenter Impression Bug Mistaken As Quality Ban By Some Advertisers
- Business.com Closing: Directory Links A Thing Of Past?
- My Search Rep Friends Keep Losing Their Jobs
- Ask.com Officially Not A Search Engine, Maybe The Return Of Jeeves?
- PubCon Vegas 2010 Live Blog Coverage Recap
- Robert Louis Stevenson Google Logo
- Veteran's Day 2010 Logos from Google, Bing, Ask But Not Yahoo, Again
- X-Rays Of The Google Logo Coming Monday