Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Facts For Webmasters & Advertisers: Yahoo Out Of Search, Bing Takes Over
It is official, Yahoo and Microsoft have approval to move forward with their search deal and they are not wasting any time with that. You can read many of the stories on Techmeme to catch up, but let me quote the official press release, at least a snippet: SUNNYVALE, Calif. & REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Microsoft (Nasdaq:MSFT - News) and Yahoo! (Nasdaq:YHOO - News) announced today that they have received clearance for their search agreement, without restrictions,
- Yahoo Search Ads Not Driving Necessary Traffic Volume
Yes, I know Yahoo and Microsoft got approval to move forward with their search deal (I'll link to my post on that, when I write it, in about 10 minutes from this post), but Yahoo Search Marketing has been a failure for many in the past few months. And since Yahoo Search Ads will likely continue to be powered by Yahoo until December of this year, this is still important. A WebmasterWorld thread has posts
- Google Images Change How They Display Sources?
I do not watch Google Images all that closely, but there is a guy in the WebmasterWorld forums who said Google images changed how they display the source of the image. I believe what he is saying is that if you use site:domain.com in Google Images, in the past, it would display not just the images hosted on that domain, but all images used on that domain and also show the source of it under
- Bing Webmaster Tools Mysterious Missing Domains?
A Bing Community thread has reports that when webmasters authenticate domains within Bing Webmaster Tools, the next day, the domains are no longer listed. Supposedly there are several reports about this in the past week or so. Here is one report: I (for the very first time) submitted several URL's, and I also authenticated my website by adding a LiveSearchSiteAuth.xml to my website sites, and I also submitted a sitemap.xml. They all showed yesterday. But
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Aaron Wall Interview with Hugo Guzman on Comparing SEO Business Models and More, Sphinn
- 10 Types of Landing Page Goals for PPC Campaigns, Sphinn
- How We Got a Link from the New York Times, Sphinn
- Known Issue: Upload processing lag & upload fails, YouTube Help
- The Olympics Impact on Google Search Results, Sphinn