Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Martin Luther King, Jr Logo from Google, Yahoo, Bing, Ask, Dogpile & Othersin 2010
Every year, the search engines post special logos for Martin Luther King, Jr. This year is no different, we have logos from Google, Yahoo, Bing, Ask.com, Dogpile and others. MLK, Martin Luther Kind, Jr needs no explanation. It is a legal US holiday today and a day celebrated by many around the world. Here are the logos: Google's MLK Logo: Yahoo's Flash MLK logo: Bing's MLK Theme: Ask.com's MLK Theme: DogPile: Search Engine Roundtable: Also
- Google AdWords Certification Program Now With Four Exams?
If you go to the Google AdWords Certification Program Learning Center you will now see that Google is offering 4 exams, not one exam - to take and to earn your certification with Google AdWords. The exams include: Google Advertising Fundamentals ExamSearch Advertising Advanced ExamDisplay Advertising Advanced ExamReporting & Analysis Advanced Exam There is actually a whole grid of courses you can review before taking the exams. I am not sure if you can actually
- Google Maps Street Views Embed Broken For Some
A Google Maps Help thread has reports of some map developers having issues embedding the street view versions of Google Maps on their web site. The issue was first reported 9 days ago by a guy who runs StreetViewing.com. The old embeds are no longer working for him, so now he has to go in and replace all of those with the new code. That can take a lot of time. Brian from the Google
- Selling SEO: Pitching Page Rank As a Metric Over Conversions?
An interesting Cre8asite Forums thread has discussion started by someone looking to hire an SEO company. The person is responsible to find an SEO company that can achieve his CEO's requirements. The issue this person has is that no-reputable SEO company would guarantee rankings (that is his qualifier). So if you cannot use rankings as a metric when trying to measure one SEO proposal to another, what do you use? Clearly, in my mind, SEO
- Add Real Time Content to Your Google Maps Listing
The Google Lat Long Blog announced businesses can now add real time information to their business listings. How does it work? It is honestly a bit tricky. You would think you would "Edit" your business listing in Google Local Business Center. But no, instead you click on the "View report" link under the statistics section of that page. Then you are presented with a box to add a quick real-time message to your business listing
- Bing Showing Related Search Results By Default
A WebmasterWorld thread has discussion about a search on Bing for [digital camera]. If you search on Bing for that query, you will not only see search results that match [digital camera] but Bing will show you other related queries and their search results. Bing will show you 3 additional results for each of the following related queries, they include: Digital Camera Brands, Digital Camera Types, Top 10 Digital Cameras, Digital Camera Repair and Digital
- Video Recap of Weekly Search Buzz :: January 15, 2010
This week we covered topics from SEO to topless Playboy girls. We discussed how to rank high in the Google real-time results with Twitter. We asked, when is Google launching the Caffeine index? Google added favorite icons to Webmaster Tools. Google added Fast Flip to Google News and we spotted a topless Playboy model on the home page. Google search spelling feature stole traffic from a web site. AdWords says your click through rate should
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- IE Zero-day Vulnerability Used in Google Attack, WebmasterWorld
- 2010 Predictions From 10 Internet Experts, Sphinn
- Automaticcally Generated Meta Descriptions Vs Using Page Content, HighRankings Forums
- Happy Birthday to the Google Maps Help Forum!, Google Maps Help
- How valuble is a link from AOL news?, WebmasterWorld
- New Screencast: Getting Started with the AdWords API Python Client Library, AdWords API Forum
- When two clients want to compete for the same keywords, DigitalPoint Forums