Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Where Did Google Subscribed Go? Is It Dead?
In May 2006, Google introduced Google Subscribed Links via the Google Coop. It was confusing, but once we implemented it here, it became clearer to people how it worked. I loved it and had tons of people (thousands) sign up to see my subscribed links in the Google search results. In fact, I expanded it in April 2008. But now, it appears to be missing from the search results. In the past, if you searched
- Google Sidewiki - Comment About Any Site on That Site
Yesterday, Google announced the launch of Sidewiki. Sidewiki is basically an add on to the Google Toolbar that allows you to comment about any site, directly on that site, via the Google Toolbar. For more about the tool, see the video below and Danny's detailed writeup. SEOs are discussing how Google may be able to use this for ranking data at a WebmasterWorld thread. Plus Google is asking for feedback on the tool in the
- Fake Yahoo Employees Trying to Pick Up SEM Clients in Forums?
I spotted a weird thread at DigitalPoint Forums with a new member of the forum claiming to be a Yahoo employee. The person said, "My name is Matthew, I am a Yahoo! employee who works with advertisers on both the search and display side. I came across this forum and wanted to introduce myself." What made me suspicious of this person were a few things: He said his email is email@example.com, but if he really
- Google AdWords New Beta Keyword Tool
Google is apparently testing a new AdWords keyword Tool. You have to be logged into your AdWords account and click on the keyword tool feature to see it. Then when you get there, you will see the old keyword tool with a link to the beta tool. Here is a picture of the old keyword tool: When you click on that link towards the top, you get the new keyword tool which is way more
- Linking To Affiliates? Better Nofollow Those Links or Google Will Penalize You
A Google Webmaster Help thread has one webmaster who runs a home construction resource complaining that his rankings tanked. After some back and forth, Googler, JohnMu came in and said: I browsed your site's reviews a bit and most of the links are either affiliate links or links to the companies without nofollow. This doesn't seem to match your reply regarding the use of nofollow. Perhaps it would be good to double-check and submit a
- Yes, Google Is Showing Deeper Sitelinks In Different Formats
I have been getting emails, Twitter messages and seeing threads that more and more people are seeing this newish kind of Sitelink. It isn't brand new, it has been around for some time now, but it is 100% showing up more often in the Google results. You can probably trigger it yourself for many types of queries, but I know this one is working for me. Search for [google sitelinks forums] and you will notice
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- 7 Ways to Boost Your SEO Career Profile, Sphinn
- Guy cloned my site, and my site is gone from SERP, Google Webmaster Central Help
- Just In From Matt Cutts info on Algo updates, DigitalPoint Forums
- Should I Link To The Main Page Only?, HighRankings Forums
- Docs RSS feed broken, Google Docs Help
- Google’s Vince Update - Unlocked, Sphinn
- Seo Effect Of Webpage Commenting System, HighRankings Forums
- Twitter Worm Leads to Hacked Accounts, Spam, WebmasterWorld