Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Testing One Line Product Links in AdWords
We know Google allows products in AdWords now and we even know a way to make it happen for your ads. An anonymous reader just sent me screen captures of Google testing a new way of displaying those products. Here is a cropped version of his screen capture: Here is a blow up of the AdWords ad: Versus the current way: Hitting the plus sign: Forum discussion at WebmasterWorld.
- 56% of Google Advertisers Dislike New AdWords Interface
Google began aggressively testing the new AdWords interface the other week. I heard many complaints from advertisers on the new AdWords interface, so I figured I would poll our readers to see what their thoughts were. The 144 responses are back and the majority of advertisers prefer the old user interface to the new one. Here is the breakdown of what advertisers prefer: :: Old (Current) AdWords Interface said 80 respondents or 56% :: New
- Most Google AdSense Publishers Have Not Updated Their Privacy Policies
- New: Link Google AdWords Conversions To Google Analytics
eWhisper, WebmasterWorld moderator said that he sees a new feature in his AdWords account. The new feature allows him to link up his AdWords account with his Analytics account and bring in the tracking conversion data from AdWords directly into Analytics. eWhisper said: This feature seems to be about a week old. If you go to Google conversion tracking, there is an option for linking Google analytics goals to count as conversion types. I personally
- Small Google May 2009 Update?
We rarely cover Google updates these days, since it appears Google is in a constant flux. But I have noticed a dozen or so threads at DigitalPoint Forums and an updated WebmasterWorld, plus a few threads at Google Webmasters Help discussions on the topic of either a back link update, PageRank update or major drops or increases in rankings for specific categories. Now, this does not mean there is a massive update going on. In
- Convincing People To Link To You Via Email
The topic of link building is a very popular subject here. One recent WebmasterWorld thread asks how can one create a value proposition compelling enough to encourage someone to link to their web site via an email request? The webmaster said: Sites just don't link back to you unless they have a reason to....for the most part. I'm wondering what is the best way to approach these types of link request and perhaps an example
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- "grey Hat" Seo - What's Your View?, HighRankings Forums
- Aaron Wall Exclusive Interview on Social Media Marketing, Sphinn
- How to break up over crowded ad groups?, WebmasterWorld
- Paid Inclusion In Yahoo! Seems To Have Worked, HighRankings Forums
- Unsupported BusinessName and BusinessAddress columns on Creative Summary report, AdWords API Forum
- WordStream: Keywords Management Made Easy, Sphinn