Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Why Does My Google Profile Not Show For A Google Search?
A few weeks ago, Google launched a way to verify your Google Profile with them and ultimately show up in the Google results. In fact, Google offered free business cards with your Google Profile information on it. You can get those business cards over here. I received my business cards last Thursday. But to my surprise, they didn't work! By didn't work, I meant, that if you typed in barry schwartz into Google, my Google
- Yahoo Search Ads Also Testing Favicons
The Yahoo Search Marketing Blog announced that Google is not the only ones testing favorite icons (favicons) in the search ads. Yahoo said they are doing a limited test of favicons in the search ads in order to give their searchers one more tool to "know theyâ€™re really looking at your site, which will improve the search experience." If it increases CTR and quality score, they may expand the test and may keep it. Here
- Poll: Can You Beat a #1 Wikipedia Google Ranking?
We have written about Wikipedia's dominance of the Google search results plenty of times. A new thread at WebmasterWorld asks if it is possible to beat a number one Wikipedia ranking at Google. I wanted to poll our audience to see what you think. Can you beat Wikipedia? Let us know: Can You Beat a #1 Wikipedia Google Listing?(myspace polls) I do like at least one post in the thread: Yes, it's possible to rank
- How Long Do Old Links Last In SEO?
A WebmasterWorld thread asks how long does a link pass link juice after the link was removed from the web page? For example, a web page has a link to your page and then that link is either removed or the page or site goes down, how long will the search engine consider that link a vote of confidence for your page? I think the obvious answer is as soon as the search crawler notices
- Click Forensics's Software Promises Conversion Predictions
On Friday, Click Forensics announced a new service they are offering that helps predict high conversions. Click Forensics is known for tracking the click fraud rate in the search industry. This new tool promises to "allow online ad networks, publishers and advertisers to identify traffic thatâ€™s more likely to convert into sales." The platform includes the following features: Click Forensics Site Score â€“ sources of traffic are tagged with individual Click Forensics Site Scores that
- Happy Mother's Day Logos From Google & Search Industry (2009)
Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there! Here is a collection of logos from the search industry, celebrating Mother's Day. We have logos from Google, Yahoo, Live.com, Ask.com, AOL and others. Google: Yahoo (animated): AOL (animated): Live.com: Ask.com: Google Maps changed the Street Views guy to a mom and son: Search Engine Roundtable (Out) Theme: It seems like DogPile is missing a logo today, which is not normally the case. For past Mother's
- Video Recap of Weekly Search Buzz :: May 8, 2009
In this week's recap, we have your Google May webmaster report. I also polled about 400 search marketers who told me that there is 7% unemployment in the search marketing industry, while 25% are self-employed. I discussed three major issues where Google Maps can seriously impact your business. Twitter hopes to improve their search engine. Wolfram Alpha has high expectations. Google launches a publisher center for Ad Planner. Google tests "review this site" link in
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- How does a deaf person verify new account via verification call?, Google AdSense Help
- SEO Competition Report: Essential Checklist, Sphinn
- Does Yahoo have a sandbox too?, DigitalPoint Forums
- Expandable Content Inside Css Divs, HighRankings Forums
- Google Calculator Incorrect Result, Google Custom Search Help
- non cached urls in serp after site removal question, Google Webmaster Help
- Phrase match is acting like exact match, Google AdWords Help
- Traffic display not acceptable for the COLOR BLIND, Google Maps Help
- Are <h> Tags Really Vital?, HighRankings Forums
- google granted patent to rank personalized searches based on bookmarks, WebmasterWorld
- ZDNet Blog: "Google is really bad at monetizing content", WebmasterWorld