Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- YouTube Insights Adds Stats On User Engagement
YouTube has added new statistics to YouTube Insights, the YouTube video analytics. I wrote about YouTube Insights when it first launched a year ago. Today, they added features to tell you how engaged your viewers are, i.e. do they like your videos? YouTube added a new tab named "community" clicking on that tab brings up the "User Engagement" stats. It looks like this for my account: You can also break the community stats down by
- SES NY Coverage Note: Won't Be Any Here
Search Engine Strategies New York is next week but I have sad news for some of you, we won't be covering the conference. We have "live blogged" SES conferences since 2003, including the past five years of SES NY, with SES NY '04, SES NY '05, SES NY '06, SES NY '07, and SES NY '08. But this year, I won't be here, the New York Israeli Consulate invited me on a Blogger Delegation to
- Google Showing Less Search Refinements?
Google started showing search refinements in mid 2006. Later on that year, they cleaned up those refinements and they began showing up a lot for medical searches and for those that participated in the Google Coop solution. But now, a WebmasterWorld thread reports that Google is showing less and less refinements these days, then they have in the past. In fact, searches that worked in the past to trigger then, don't all work. One example
- Offer Customers a Discount in Exchange for a Link?
One of the most challenging jobs for e-commerce sites is to get people to link to them. Over the years, we have posted many link building tips but we never posted about this one. Why don't e-commerce sites offer a promotion to customers to get a percentage off their order, if they write a blog post or link to their site. In fact, I have seen this offered on several sites throughout the year. Personally,
- Is Google AdSense Your Main Source of Income? Take Our Poll
We have a lot of Google AdSense publishers that read this site and I wanted to run a quick poll asking you guys, what percent of your income is from Google AdSense. The poll is completely anonymous and if you have a 20 seconds, please take the poll. Is AdSense Your Main Source of Income? ( Online surveys) As you can see, I broke the figures out in a very generic fashion, to keep it
- Google Confirms Keyword Tool Issue is a Bug
Yesterday, for the second time this month, we reported that Google's Keyword Tool Getting To Broad. I guess it is the time of the month where SEMs do their keyword research because many more threads popped up on this issue over the passed few days. The official Google AdWords representative updated several threads complaining about the issue saying it is a bug. The representative said: A bit of asking around tells me that what is
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- New Google Spreadsheets update: .XLSX import, GoogleTournament function and more!, Google Docs Help
- Facebook Abolishes Statuses., WebmasterWorld
- Facebook better results than Adwords !, WebmasterWorld
- Google Chrome 2.0 (Beta) Released, WebmasterWorld
- Introduction To Google AdWords Conversion Tracking, Sphinn
- Microsoft Pubcentre is returning 4 times the adsense., DigitalPoint Forums