Happy Holidays from the Search Engine Roundtable. I go through the various holiday logos, talk about how Googler's are working on Christmas, how they paid publishers early and how some earned less over the past holiday. In addition, I discuss a comment Matt Cutts left on how bounce rates have no impact on rankings. I then go through a list of things Google won't do, a myth thing. I mentioned a possible Google PageRank update. Google is working through the blog link command issue. Google added search by style options. I mocked newbies, well - not really. Finally, I thank you all for reading and participating in our five years of writing at the Search Engine Roundtable. Thank you and have a Happy Holidays!
Make sure to subscribe to our video feed or subscribe directly on iTunes to be notified of these updates and download the video in the background. Here is the YouTube version of the feed (note: If YouTube shows a video not found message, just refresh the page and play it again, it is a YouTube bug):
For the original iTunes version, click here
Some Of The Topics Discussed:
- Happy Holiday '08 From The Search Engine Industry
- Googlers Working on Christmas in 2008
- Google & Yahoo Pay Publishers Early for Holiday Season
- How'd You Do With Google AdSense this Holiday?
- Google Says, Bounce Rates For Search Rankings "Spammable" & "Noisy"
- Google's Search Quality Team Says They Don't...
- Christmas & Holiday 2008 Google PageRank Update?
- Google Blog Search Fixes Link Issue But Asks For Additional Help
- Google Image Search Enhancement: Search By Style
- Letting of Newbie SEO Steam at Google Webmaster Help Groups
- Search Engine Roundtable Is Five Years Old - December 2nd