It seems like the day has come, the day that Yahoo has killed the Overture Keyword Suggestion Tool. Now, if you visit inventory.overture.com, you are redirected to http://sem.smallbusiness.yahoo.com/searchenginemarketing/. In fact, it is a permanent redirect, not just a temporary redirect, as you can see by using the URI Valet tool.
We knew this was coming, we have story after story reporting outages and downtime for this tool. Here is a run down of some of the stories we wrote covering the tool:
- Overture Keyword Suggestion Tool Offline? on January 29, 2007
- Overture Keyword Selection Tool Back Online on February 2, 2007
- New Free Yahoo! Keyword Tool Coming; Overture Keyword Tool Suffering; & Other Tools on January 31, 2007
- Yahoo! Removes UK Overture Keyword Suggestion Tool on May 2, 2007
- Yahoo To Stop Updating Overture Keyword Suggestion Tool on May 8, 2007
- Is Yahoo Working on New Keyword Tool with Search Volume Data? on May 10, 2007
- Overture Keyword Suggestion Tool Seems Dead on September 17, 2007
- Overture Keyword Suggestion Tool has Returned on September 24, 2007
- More Server Problems With Overture's Keyword Tool on December 6, 2007
So does this end the saga with the Overture Keyword Suggestion tool or as it moved elsewhere?
Forum discussion at WebmasterWorld.