Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Weekly Search Buzz Roundup - 06/13/08: Google's Traffic Drops, Yahoo's Click Fraud Report Stinginess & SEO Forum Worthiness Debate
It's Friday the 13th and Father's Day is on Sunday. I know you're just as pumped as I am for that. Check out our new Father's Day theme right now! Google and Yahoo to Partner for Ads So this week, we heard that Google will power many of Yahoo's search ads. Then we had a poll. Do you want this to happen? The majority of you (46%) said no. Thirty nine percent of you said
- Final Notice: Update Your AdSense Account to a Google Account Login
We've been warning you to link your Google AdSense account to a Google account for months. Google is now making it official. A WebmasterWorld member says that he received an email saying that he will have to do it soon or else. His reason for not doing it beforehand is that it wasn't broken and it's just kind of pointless for Google to fix what ain't broke. Meanwhile, in our previously mentioned Google Groups thread,
- SEOmoz Gets Penalized for a URL Ending with .0
SEOmoz's Jane Copland spent months on SEOmoz's 2008 Web 2.0 Awards and I know this because I helped judge the winners. After they ranked well once the awards were announced (and even had a PR7), the PageRank went down seemingly overnight and the website disappeared from the Google index. Completely. After investigating this with Google, it turns out that the problem was that the URL ended with ".0." There's no explicit statement from Google regarding
- PDF Documents May Impact How Google Defines Your Site's Language
A Google Groups thread shares an interesting insight in how Google may interpret a site's language. A webmaster asked Google why a site with no pages in Spanish is being interpreted as a Spanish site in Google. The site in question is vsanswers.com, and if you look through all the HTML pages, none of them have any Spanish words. But if you look at some of the PDF files on the site, you will discover
- What Is Google's Trust Algorithm in Search?
Chris Boggs featured a WebmasterWorld thread when I was away. Chris focused on sharing some of the theories behind Google's trust factors. I wanted to possibly highlight this thread one more time and ask for you to chime in. We all know that Google has various minus X penalties and most of us believe that your ranking can drop based on how Google trusts your site, as a whole. This WebmasterWorld asks that SEOs and
- Can You Retrieve Deleted Keywords Using the Google AdWords API?
There is a technical discussion taking place at Google Groups on the topic of bringing back to life a deleted keyword from Google AdWords. Jeff Posnick from the Google AdWords API Team said he isn't aware of a way to retrieve deleted keywords with the API. He said, this is a feature request: After poking around a bit with reports and getAllCriteria(), I don't actually know of a good method to retrieve a list of
- Google To Power Many of Yahoo Search Ads: Good for Advertiser & Publishers?
Last night at 6:30pm (EST), Yahoo announced a search ad deal with Google and discontinued talks with Microsoft. As you would imagine, this made major news - so read all the news stories, go to Techmeme, they organized most of the major stories for this announcement, as they always do. The angle I am going to take with this article is to find out if this is good for you - the advertiser and the
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Am I an Advanced SEO?, Sphinn
- Buddha Quote - Applies Perfectly To SEO!, HighRankings Forums
- Getting a lot of referrals from images.google.com, DigitalPoint Forums
- How to Deal with Google Personalised Results and the Effects, Sphinn
- Are Ppc Built Websites Ruining The Web?, Cre8asite Forums
- What Is Seo These Days?, Cre8asite Forums