It was an all Google week, like many, with Google breaking the bad guys and loving the good guys. Google penalized another link network, this one named Backlinks.com. Anglo Rank, the network Google penalized the week before, promises to come back stronger. Google is working on promoting the good guys. Google’s Matt Cutts said they minimize major updates before the holidays, implying there was no update on the 17th but I am seeing signs of an update on the 19th. Google may have softened the EMD, exact match domain, algorithm. Google did indeed reduce the authorship from showing in the search results. Google’s Matt Cutts said they try to break the spirits of black hat spammers. Google improved the URL removal tool. Google says vanity Google+ URLs work fine for authorship. Google AdSense goes back to square arrows. Google Glass XE12 supports iOS and much more. Google published their Zeitgeist this week. Happy holidays and that was this past week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Backlinks.com: The Next Link Network Penalized By Google
- Anglo Rank Promises To Rebuild After Google Link Penalty
- Google Continues Work On Promoting Topic Authorities
- Matt Cutts: Google Tries To Minimize Search Updates Before Holidays
- Google December 19th Ranking Fluctuations Reported
- Did Google Soften The EMD Algorithm?
- Did The Authorship Reduction In Google Begin?
- Google's Matt Cutts: Our Algorithms Try To Break Black Hat SEOs Spirits
- Google's URL/Content Removal Tool Now A Wizard
- Google: Authorship Works With Google+ Vanity URLs
- Google AdSense Back To Square Arrows?
- Google Glass XE12 Adds iOS, Wink & Breaks Many GDK Apps
- Google Zeitgeist Live With Inspiring Video