XE12 is out and with that comes support for the whole other side of the mobile world, iPhones. Google released the MyGlass App for iOS and quickly pulled it. Why? Well, XE12 was not released yet but they released XE12 an hour later and the MyGlass App is still not available. Google promises to bring it back within a week - but we will see. Lucky for me, I downloaded it and I have it on my iPhone. Unlucky for me, my Google Glass is currently being swapped out for the new one now so I cannot test it out.
(1) iOS MyGlass App: iOS users can now control their Glass via a native app. It supports screencast, set up Glass, get turn-by-turn directions, add new contacts, and turn on Glassware and more. There is no mention of iMessage support.
(2) Wink: You can now wink to take a picture using your right eye. Scary but cool, very cool. You need the upgraded Google Glass to do this according to the notes:
(3) Screen Lock: You can lock Google Glass using patterns. You set up the pattern using taps and swipes.
(4) Google Play Music: More improvements to music on Glass, better navigation and controls.
(5) Upload videos directly to YouTube.
(6) Hangouts are improved.
(7) More search commands such as How far to and How many calories in
And much more.
Forum discussion at Google+.