This week in search I covered the controversy around Google's Holocaust denial results and did they actually update their algorithm to prevent those results? Google said they are working on bringing a year of search analytics data to the Search Console. Google’s featured snippets saw a dramatic increase this week. Bing Webmaster Tools has a new design update. Google Search Console AMP reports now show critical versus non critical issues. Google Search Console AMP and Rich Cards reports were updated. Google replaced the update line with note line in Search Console. Google called out Taboola and Outbrain links. Google said new URLs similar to old URLs don’t pick up signals automatically. Google said there is no penalty for not linking out. Google gave their go ahead on HTTP/2 for GoogleBot. Google said religious interstitials would be treated like legal ones. Google said there is no one recipe for SEO success. Google said Wikipedia doesn’t get a special ranking boost. Google local pack added new filters. Google asked SEOs to describe themselves in one word, the responses are funny. Google’s holiday logos are now out. That was this past week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google Updated Their Algorithm For "Did The Holocaust Happen?" Controversy?
- Google Actively Working On Adding A Year Of Search Analytics Data To Search Console
- Google Featured Snippets Now Displayed On More Queries
- Bing Webmaster Tools New Look
- Google Search Console AMP Reports Differentiate Between Critical & Non-Critical Issues
- Google Search Console AMP & Rich Card Reports May Have Updated
- Google Changes Search Console Report "Update" Line To "Note"
- Google Calls Out Sites With Taboola Or Outbrain Links
- Google: Similar New URLs Won't Pick Up Old URLs Signals
- Google Reiterates There Is No Penalty For Not Linking Out
- Google Gives HTTP/2 GoogleBot Clearance
- Google: We Will Treat Religious Interstitials As Legal Or Policy Interstitials
- Google: There Is No One Recipe For Search Rankings Success
- Google: Wikipedia Is Ranked By Google Like Any Other Web Site
- Google Local Three Pack Filters
- Google Asks SEOs To Describe Themselves In A Word
- Google 'Tis The Season! Holiday Doodles For Cold & Warm Locations