I may look exhausted in this video, but I have a good excuse. Yesterday, Google pushed out a new algorithm update that shows fresher results for 35% of all searches, it is a big change, which webmasters should take notice of soon. Some are asking if the recent Panda updates are more Google Vince update like. Google is now indexing AJAX so they can index Facebook comments and Disqus comments. Google Analytics is now reporting more and more keyword "not provided" resulting in almost 20% lost queries reports. Google is showing ads at the bottom officially and some are noticing the search box is missing. Google's Matt Cutts did a long video on cloaking. Google's Matt Cutts implied Experts Exchange was the most blocked site on Google. Google Maps is testing grey pins and horizontal maps. A new Google easter egg for "do a barrel roll" is out. Make sure to check out the Halloween logos from Monday night. That was this past week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google Updates Search Algorithm: Impact More Like 17.5% Of Searches
- Google Vince 2.0 = Google Panda 2.5.x?
- Google Indexing AJAX Content Via POST Requests: Facebook & Disqus
- "Not Provided" Keywords In Google Analytics Higher Than Expected
- Official: Google Places Ads At Bottom & Bottom Search Box Missing
- Google's Matt Cutts Definitive Cloaking Video
- Google: Experts Exchange A Top Blocked Site In Google
- Google Maps Grey Pins & Horizontal Maps
- Google Video: Do A Barrel Roll
- Halloween Logos From The Search Engines