This week in search, Google has pushed out a new update to Panda, aka Panda 2.3 and this Panda update seems to have led to some recoveries. There is a bug with submitting sitemap files to Bing Webmaster Tools. Bing is bold enough to test ads within the organic listings. Google renamed Boost to AdWords Express. Google AdWords is testing uppercasing display URLs. Google Analytics changed how they handle tracking of image search, so don't panic. Google Plus button was slowing down sites, maybe hurting their rankings but Google just speed the button up. Finally, Google has a new paid service to speed up your web pages - will you try it? That was this week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google's Panda Algorithm Now A Rolling Update?
- Panda 2.3 Confirmed Out: July 22nd
- Webmasters Claiming Recoveries With Google Panda 2.3 Update
- Bug: Bing Sitemap Pending
- Bing Testing Ads Mixed With Organic Search Results
- Goodbye Boost, Hello Google AdWords Express
- Uppercase Google AdWords Display URLs
- Google Analytics Changes How They Track Google Image Search
- Google Plus One Hurting Rankings Or Helping Rankings?
- Faster Google Plus One Button
- Will You Give Google Page Speed Service A Spin?