This week in search we covered a weird and drastic change to the Google local search results, but it seems it was a bug that was resolved. Google also now supports iOS apps with App Indexing. Google Now launched Google Now on Tap, which also works with App Indexing. Bing also said they support App Indexing for both iOS and Android and more to come on that soon. Google accidentally showed us their Google Penalty server. Google AdWords launched a new Ad Group report. Google AdWords upgraded the AdWords Editor to version 11.1. Google has some funny and disturbing Google Answers. Emojis are still in the Google search results. Bing integrated the how old age bot into Bing Images. Google finally confirmed Matt Cutts was replaced as the head of search spam but is still on leave with Google. That is this week in search at Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google Local Search Results Update; Massive Ranking Changes
- Google: We Are Looking Into The Location Bugs
- Google Fixes Local Search Problems?
- iOS Support Finally Comes To Google App Indexing
- Google Now On Tap: Expanding Google Now Through App Indexing
- Bing Building Massive Index For App Indexing Content
- Check Out The Google Penalty Server
- New Google AdWords Ad Group Details Reports
- Google Upgrades AdWords Editor To v11.1
- Google Drops Biblical Answer For What Happened To The Dinosaurs
- SEOs Begin Mocking Google Answers
- Google Answer For Stop Hiccups: Have an Orgasm
- Emojis Continue To Live On In Google's Search Results
- Bing Image How Old Bot Search Age Detection
- Google Has Replaced Matt Cutts As Head Of Web Spam