Google quietly announced on Google+ they have released a new version of the AdWords Editor, this is version 11.1.
In version 11.1 there were several upgrades, but Google noted only one in the announcement, that being "improvements to the search bar."
Here is the full list of changes in version 11.1 of the AdWords editor:
- Upgraded URLs: AdWords Editor now supports upgraded URLs and tracking management. Destination URLs can still be changed in the edit panel, and final URLs are located under the “URL Options” tab in the edit panel. Ads can be upgraded without resetting their historical statistics.
- Labels: Creating and managing labels allows you to quickly group ads according to your preferences. You can add multiple existing labels to any campaign, ad group, ad, or keyword, and filter them by one or more labels. New labels can be created in the Shared library.
- Call-only ads: Create call-only ads directly in AdWords Editor and update them in the edit panel.
- Account and type filtering: The account tree and type list in the left sidebar each have new filtering options. The account tree filters by campaign type as well as the status of campaigns and ad groups. The type list filters by any type, including keywords, topics, placements, audiences, ages, type of ad, extensions, unused types, and more.
- More improvements to search and image search: The search field accepts multiple search terms (one per line) and returns results that match any of the terms. You can also select an image and search for all ads using the same image.
- Spell-check in other languages: You can download language dictionaries and add them to AdWords Editor to perform spell-checks in other languages. English spell-check is still automatically supported.
- Mobile interest categories: When targeting ads to mobile users, use interest categories to further refine the intended audience.
- Mobile App Targeting: Target mobile app users, refining your audience by which apps and app store they use, or use negative mobile app terms to exclude certain apps.
- Mobile OS version targeting: In addition to targeting mobile ads by operating system, you can now select specific versions or sets of versions for each operating systems.