This week on the Search Engine Roundtable, I cover the past week in search on the Royal Wedding Day. Google's new Toolbar hides the PageRank indicator. We are now spotting more huge Sitelinks on Google. Google continues to test non-underlined titles in the search results. Google launched instant previews for AdWords. We posted an experiment on AdWords Sitelinks. Our polls for the week included SEO certification versus SEO Standard need. We also showed that most SEOs give away a lot of free advice. And SEOs do not actively exchange links with competitors. Google launched Google Offers, a Groupon clone, in Portland. Google had a special logo for John James Audubon. And today is the Royal Wedding and Google, Yahoo, Bing, Ask, AOL and others have special Royal logos. That was this past week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
Make sure to subscribe to our video feed or subscribe directly on iTunes to be notified of these updates and download the video in the background. You can also watch this live and ask questions during the show, typically Friday mornings around 9:30 (EST) at seroundtable.com/live, follow @rustybrick to be notified when we air. Here is the YouTube version of the feed:
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google Finally Downplays PageRank In New Google Toolbar
- Jumbo Sized Google Sitelinks
- Google Not Underlining Search Result Titles
- Google Instant Previews For AdWords
- Testing Google AdWords Sitelinks
- 55% Say There Is a Need For SEO Certification
- SEOs Give Away A Lot Of Free SEO Advice
- Results: 20% Of SEOs Actively Exchange Links With Competitors
- 65% Of SEOs Want SEO Standards
- Google Offers Now Live
- Google Logo For John James Audubon
- The Royal Wedding Search Engine Logos