This week was Mobilegeddon week, with Google launching the mobile friendly algorithm on Tuesday. I spotted in creeping into my experiments on Wednesday and Google confirmed today it has rolled out to many data centers, so keep watching. The algorithm is not really a “geddon" since it is not a web spam algorithm. It also doesn’t take long for your web site to be mobile friendly, but there can be a delay sometimes. Google AdWords is also testing the mobile friendly label. Google’s Penguin algorithm turned three years old today. Google confirmed they did launch the Doorway Algorithm. Google is launching the Search Analytics report to some random webmasters in Google Webmaster Tools. After it goes live, Google will bring full search query data to the API. Do you want to test new App Indexing features with Google? Is the PageSpeed algorithm still a thing? Google says faking the Site Name markup won’t work. Google is now showing emoji in the desktop search results. Automated content regeneration now has disclaimers, I kid you not. A Google AdSense bug showed huge CTR gains for publishers. Google AdWords changed the Search Funnels name to Attribution. That was this past week in search news at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google's Mobile Friendly Update Now Live?
- Google: The New Mobile Results Are Completely Rolled Out In Some Data Centers
- SEOs & Webmasters Eagerly Monitor Google Mobile Results On Mobilegeddon Day
- Mobilegeddon Is Not Geddon, Google's Mobile Algorithm Is Not A Web Spam Algorithm
- How Quickly Will Google Notice My Site Is Mobile Friendly?
- Google Mobile Friendly Label Not Showing On New Stories Immediately?
- Google Mobile Friendly Label On AdWords Ads
- Google Penguin Turns Three Years Old Today
- Google: The Doorway Algorithm Did Launch
- Google Launches Search Analytics In Webmaster Tools For Some Webmasters
- Google To Bring Search Query Data To Webmaster Tools API Very Soon
- Google Wants Beta Testers For Google App Indexing Preview Features
- Is There Still A Google PageSpeed Ranking Factor?
- Google: The Site Name Mobile Markup Is A Hint; Don't Try To Fake It
- Emoji Characters Showing On Google Desktop Search Results: Cheers
- Funny: Automated Content Regeneration With Disclaimer For Google
- Click Through Rates (CTR) Surge For Some Google AdSense Publishers
- Google AdWords Renames Search Funnels To Attribution
This post was pre-written and scheduled to be posted today. FYI, I am offline today so I won't see your comments until likely Sunday or Monday.