This week in search, I covered how Burger King spammed Google Home devices all across America. Google announced product schema support for images to trigger similar images. Google’s featured snippets are now showing more images and those images may be from different sources than the content. Google does update the featured snippets selector algorithm often. Google said you have better things to do than update your disavow file. Google said if your rankings drop after you disavow links, then remove some of those links. Google said domain name age doesn’t impact rankings. Google said all caps in title tag doesn’t trigger a penalty. Google said tweeting to Google also doesn’t lead to a penalty. Google’s Gary Illyes may be a powerful Google. Google reviews now show the number of reviews left by a reviewer. Google lets you add URL attributes to your Google My Business listing. Ask.com left open public real-time searches to everyone by accident. Google lets you submit any URL to their index in their search results. I am offline for Passover again this Monday and Tuesday. That was this past week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Burger King Spams Google Home With New TV Commercial
- Google Announces Product Schema For Image Search Months Later
- Google Featured Snippets Showing More Images Now
- Google Featured Snippets Now Sourcing Different Image From Content Source
- Google: We Update The Featured Snippet Selector Algorithm Often
- Google: You Have Better Things To Do Than Update Your Disavow File
- Google: Rankings Drop After Disavowing Links? Remove Some Of Those Less Shady Links.
- Google: Domain Age Doesn't Matter For Search Rankings
- Google: There Is No CAPS Search Ranking Penalty
- Tweeting At Googlers Likely Won't Land You In The Google Bird House
- Gary Illyes: I Have Better Things In My Tool Belt Than Google Evaluators
- Google Tests Showing Number Of Reviews Left By Reviewer
- Google My Business Lets You Enter URL Attributes For Other Business Information
- Ask.com Inadvertently Leaked Searcher Query Data Via Server Status Page
- Submit Any URL To Google For Indexing Within The Search Results Interface
- Programming Note: Offline For Passover 5777