The big news this week was that Google announced AdWords would go not provided, i.e. not pass query via the referer data. There are some parts of the implementation that are hypocritical. Google’s Matt Cutts said they penalized seven Japanese link networks over the past few months. Google does have mild and more severe cases of Penguin. Google’s Matt Cutts knows the answers to 90% of your questions. Also, he said, not all manual actions lead to ranking demotions. Bing is testing a nice new clean search results design. Google is testing not showing video thumbnails in the search results. Google business schema added customer support phone numbers, hours of operations and menus. Google AdWords added conversion tracking for call tracking by call length. Google Analytics now lets you bulk link your AdWords accounts. Google Glass lets anyone in the US buy Google Glass on Tax Day and Passover. Google has a special Google logo, Doodle, for Percy Lavon Julian today. That was this past week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google AdWords To Go Not Provided Also?
- Google AdWords Goes Not Provided: Referrer Data Gone For Paid Search Ads
- Google AdWords Not Provided Still Hypocritical
- Matt Cutts: Google Penalizes Seven Link Networks In Japan
- Google's Matt Cutts: You've Got A Mild Case Of Penguin
- Google's Matt Cutts: I Don't Know 10% Of Your SEO Questions
- Google's Matt Cutts: Not All Manual Actions Are Ranking Demotions
- Test: Bing's New Search Results Design
- Google Video Search Results Without Videos Thumbnails
- Google Business Schema Adds Phone Numbers, Hours & Menus
- Google AdWords Call Conversion Tracking By Call Length
- Google Analytics & AdWords Make It Easier To Link Accounts
- Google Glass Opens Buying Glass For Any US Resident On Passover
- Percy Lavon Julian Google Chemistry Doodle