This week in search we cover speculation that Google will run a Panda update shortly. We also ask why hasn't Google updated the Penguin algorithm in 5 months. There was a case that when removing a manual penalty can lead to less traffic. Google expanded the data highlighter tool to 40 languages. You can keep the same file name when you change image files. Google said don't let bad sites sit on your domain name. Google released their official statement on what to do when moving your business. Webmasters keep asking other webmasters to change anchor text because of Google penalties. Yahoo launched their new home page. Google is running a contest to try out Google Glass earlier than others. Google may have been an internet pizza delivery service. We had two logos from Google this week, one for Edward Gorey and one for Nicolaus Copernicus. That was this past week in search from the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google Panda #25 Coming Today? Not Sure.
- Google Rarely Updates The Penguin Algorithm
- A Google Penalty Removal Leads To Less Google Traffic?
- More Language Support Comes To Google Data Highlighter
- Updating Your Images? Should You Keep The Original File Names?
- Google: Don't Let Bad Sites On Your Domain Name
- Google's Official Guidelines For Moving A Business On Google Maps
- Webmasters Sending Link Modification Requests Due To Google Link Notifications
- Yahoo's New Home Page Finally Launches: Do You Like It?
- Want Google Glass & Live In The U.S. & Have Money? Here Is Your Chance
- The Original Google Was An Internet Pizza Delivery Service
- Edward Gorey Self Taught Writer & Artist Celebrated With Google Logo
- Google Planets Logo: Who Was Nicolaus Copernicus?