I am back in New York and this week's video recap should be clearer. SEOs have been begging for a Toolbar PageRank update and some got it. Google AdWords changed their display URL policy, they will lowercase the domain portion of the URL. Google shocked some AdSense publishers, saying they only allow unique content to participate in the program. Google launched Engage for Agencies in the US and UK. Google Product Search now gets some of their data from the source. Google News has continued delays in including new publications. Google hired two new SEOs, including Gary Illyes and Pierre Far. There is an outstanding thread you have to read, between a sketchy SEO and John and Matt from Google. SphinnCon Israel was this past Sunday and we have the recap. That was this week in search from the Search Engine Roundtable. Happy New Years!
Make sure to subscribe to our video feed or subscribe directly on iTunes to be notified of these updates and download the video in the background. You can also watch this live and ask questions during the show, typically Friday mornings around 9:30 (EST) at seroundtable.com/live, follow @rustybrick to be notified when we air. Here is the YouTube version of the feed:
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- SEOs Eager For PageRank Update, Did Google Give Them One?
- Google AdWords To Lower Case Domains
- Google Shocks Some Publishers Saying They Can't Use AdSense With Auto Generated Content
- Google Engage For Agencies
- Google Product Search's Product Data Now From Source
- Significant Delays For Google News Submissions
- Google Hires Gary Illyes & Pierre Far As Webmaster Trends Analysts
- Pierre & Gary, Latest Googlers, Already Helping In Google Forums
- Don't Force Google's Hand, Especially If Your Sketchy
- SphinnCon Israel 2011 - Our Biggest & Best Event Yet