SMX West 2011 is now over and it was a great conference. Personally, I don't always walk away from conference learning something. It is not because the conferences aren't educational, they are - but when you cover search every single day, several times a day - it is often hard to hear new things.
That being said, I did take away a few new nuggets from the panels themselves. Probably the biggest takeaway for me was from the Your Toughest Technical SEO Questions Answered. Where I learned a bit on how not to use the canonical tag for when it comes to pagination. There are other tidbits I picked up, but I can say overall, I was not bored - which is a good thing. Hey, I've live blogged more search panels than you would imagine and so not being bored is a hard thing - trust me.
In any event, if you weren't able to make it to the event and you didn't catch our live blog coverage in real-time, you can always catch the un-live versions. But before I list them all out, I want to thank all the awesome volunteer live bloggers who helped bring you to San Jose, California from the comfort of your home or office.
Our Coverage Recap:
- Best Practices With Google's New Ad Features
- Google Instant: 6 Months Later
- Up Close With Yelp
- Do Not Track & Search Marketing
- Google Places
- "Content Farms" Or The Smartest SEOs In the World?
- The State Of Search Marketing
- What's Really Important for Technical SEO?
- Paid Search Testing And Reporting
- Retweet Me: How To Be A Twitter Authority
- Ratings Reviews & Reputation
- Inner View: Google's Keyword Research Tools
- Facebook Ad Tactics For Search Marketers
- New Tools & Techniques For YouTube Success
- Your Toughest Technical SEO Questions Answered
- Ecommerce & Retail Search Marketing Tactics
- Building Buzz On Facebook: Getting Liked & Shared