Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Mobile With Blue "Quick View" Button
Wissam Dandan posted a screen shot of a Google Mobile test on Google+. The test is where Google is placing a "Quick View" button, a very large one, in blue, in the mobile smartphone search result. If you click on that button...
- Blocking Your Robots.txt In Google's Search Results
Have you ever seen your robots.txt file return a match in the Google search results before? Does that upset you? Did you know you can block Google from displaying that file in the search results without blocking Google's access to that file?
- Searchers Can't Exclude Keywords From Google Image Search
Google Image search is powerful, it helps you find lots of images in a quick and fluid way. But what about not finding images...
- Are Webmasters Clueless Or It Is Google That Is Clueless?
On December 14th we reported pretty significant signs that there was a Google update brewing and all the other metrics and third-party services we checked afterwards indeed confirmed our findings. But when Google responded to our request for confirmation...
- Google Ingress Comic
Mark Ramsey shared a comic on Google+ on the topic of Google Ingress. The comic explains itself and explains how crazy our world is now. Well, it is also very funny.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Only title and no description in google search result, Google Webmaster Help
- Change of address bug - can't withdraw request, WebmasterWorld
- Reported Attack Site message not going away, WebmasterWorld
- Targeting Synonym Keywords, Good Or Bad?, HighRankings Forums