Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Bing May Discount Clicks On Popular Domain Names
A WebmasterWorld thread has a discussion around a new Microsoft research paper named Domain Bias in Web Search (PDF). The paper describes how reputable and popular domain names have a strong bias in the search results. Searchers are more likely to click on the results from a popular...
- Google Donates $40 Million For Holiday Season
Google sent out emails to many of their customers and publishers telling them this year they are giving a $40 million charitable donation for the holiday gift...
- Google Rescues Mozilla With Firefox Deal
Mozilla announced they have reached an agreement with Google to renew their Firefox search deal, to make Google the default search provider in Firefox. The deal is extended for another three years...
- Google's Christmas Decorations
Christmas is around the corner and Google has just put up their Christmas decorations for the special day. Do a search for [christmas] or [merry christmas] and other flavors of that and you will see the Christmas decorations along the top of the page...
- A Facebook Bike
Googler Kaspar Szymanski posted a picture of a Facebook bike, the first Facebook bike I've seen, parked at the Google office bike rack in Dublin. It is interesting enough to see Facebook has their ow
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Google Cross-Selling in WMT -With "Other Resources" Tab, WebmasterWorld
- "Moved temporarily" for voice search on Android, Google Mobile Help
- Feedback on the New Google Maps Forum, Google Maps Forum
- New 'See Full Coverage' button, Google News Help
- Okay, you seriously have to check out the Ninja unboxing of…, Matt Cutts - Google+
- Take a Survey on the New YouTube Homepage, YouTube Help
- Uganda railway completion anniversary Doodle, Google Blogoscoped Forum
- View Counts Not Updating? 12/12/11, YouTube Help