Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google's NSFW Pearl Necklace Search Result Removed
Yesterday, at Search Engine Land, I covered how the search for the term [pearl necklace] on Google would return an inappropriate and mostly irrelevant search result in the top positions...
- Google Maps: Click To Get Coordinates
When it comes to getting the longitude and latitude of specific locations, I am a junky. Weird, I know, but I use it often. I actually have a bookmarklet to grab the lat/long from the old Google Maps. But with the new Google Maps...
- Google Inviting Glass v1 Explorers To Upgrade Before Christmas
Last night, along with other original Google Glass Explorers...
- Baby's First Word: Google
Typically a baby's first word is eat, mommy, daddy, no, yes, and stuff like that. But would you imagine that a baby's first word would be Google...
- New: Google AdSense Custom Ad Sizes
Google announced AdSense publishers can now create custom ad size units for both text and display ads on their web sites...
- Google Christmas Funfair Party
Eze Vidra, the head of Campus London, backed by Google, posted an #autoawesome picture of Google's holiday party there with the sign that reads, "Google Christmas Funfair." I guess the part was recent
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Can PDF sharing give me any benefit to my SEO strategy?, Google Webmaster Help
- Improve your AdWords campaign in 5 steps, AdWords Community
- Our new data centers in Taiwan and Singapore are now up and…, Google - Google+
- Tool to verify link existence to my website, WebmasterWorld